Microsoft Design Expo: The Brief
- Design a product, service or solution that shows the value and differentiation of the CUI
- Your creation should demonstrate the best qualities of a symbiotic human-computer experience which features an interface designed to interpret human language and intent
- Language takes many forms – speech , text, gesture, body language, even thought
- Demonstrate foundational elements the CUI calls upon in order to delight people –> no smoke and mirrors
- Meet a clear need and be extensible to wider applications
- May be near-term, practical, or blue sky, but idea must be innovative, technically feasible, and have a realistic chance of adoption if instantiated
- To deliver an optimal experience, much is implied — from data and identity permissions to cross-app agent and/or bot cooperation…
Running list of Questions to Answer:
- What is the value and differentiation of the CUI?
- What are the best qualities of human-computer experience?
- What sorts of interface would help you interpret human language and intent?
- What are foundational elements of the CUI that delights people?
- Does this meet a clear need and is extensible to wider applications?
- What is the time frame of the design?
- Is the idea innovative, technically feasible, and have a realistic chance of adoption?